Monday, January 14, 2008

DID I MEET PARIS HILTON? OR A WHORE?

These are three related posts from my Myspace a few months back...But read them from the Jesus one, then Paris, then this top one to really get it.

IT"S OFFICIAL! PARIS HILTON'S MORE POPULAR THAN JESUS!
I posted the story and a bulletin about my encounter with what I thought was the Lord or at least His emissary, and got just 4 hits in two hours.
I posted the story and a bulletin of my encounter with Paris Hilton, and it got 5 hits in 1 minute. Then I wound up with a total of 30 in two hours.
So, Paris is 7.5 times more popular than Jesus. At least among my friends.
And I'm a Catholic and Christian. WOW.
Experiments are interesting.
We're all gonna burn.
Kidding (well sort of).
It really says more about the world we're in now, and the media that i'm part of professionally, i guess.
Even if you don't think Jesus is divine, He was at least a historic figure whose impact has been felt around the world for 2000 years, whether you see it as good or bad.
Paris Hilton? As Jon Stewart would say, "Not so much."
We all need to dig a little deeper in however we see the world, is all i'm sayin'.
Then again, i'm the one posting these stupid stories so I'm part of the problem...:P

DID I MEET PARIS HILTON?? OR A WHORE???

Saturday night I went to the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood and was chilling in the lobby (OK, my friends and i couldn't get into Teddy's, but YOU try!). So then while I'm sipping a martini and trying not to stare at two blonds making out in the chair next to me (Hey, it was crowded! Where ELSE could i go?!), I saw a blond walk by ultra-slutty, hips shakin' everywhere.
I didn't catch her face, but my friend Allan did. He's a Brit, so that means he has an automatic in with any woman, anywhere, anytime. I heard him say "Hello!" and the blond who just sashayed by leaned into his face and said "Helloooooo" before walking on again.
Allan and our boy Bobby kept trying to get into Teddy's for 2 hours after that but to no avail. Apparently Paris says "hellooooo" (and likely much more) to lots of guys. It was only after he was rejected from entering that Allan made mention of Paris' fashion choices.
'She was wearing hooker stockings, and she looked wasted!"
Amazing how perceptive we get after being rejected.
This isn't a diss on Allan. At least she said "Hellooooo" to him. I turned my eyes back to the floor show in the seat next to me.

MY ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS...OR A DRUG-CRAZED BUM

i want to share a profound spiritual experience i had about an hour ago, with you...(Bear with me!!!) I've been stressing over having three different big opportunities lurking just a phone call away, but not getting the phone call either way. So before going in the office today, I sat down on a bench around the corner and tried to pray intensely for the first tmie in ages. (I pray but casually, this was INTENSE...) So instead of just begging God for these things, I tried to think of all the things i'm happy for, and how much better my life is than ever before, and for just having the opportunities that are this close in the first place. I even recalled the AA Serenity Prayer (I do not want what i haven't got" is part of it) and I'm not even an AA person!! My eyes were scrunched tight, i'm starting to feel a glow, and then suddenly... I hear a voice saying, "Brother, can i sit next to you?" I open my eyes to see a guy who looks like Jesus: big beard, flowing brown hair, a peaceful smile. Of course, he was wearing a Tshirt rather than robes, AND he had a gut which isn't normally how the world sees the Lord. But i think, "Wow, is this a sign?" And i don't want to be rude, so I said "sure, have a seat." So he sat. He was peaceful, smiling. I wondered what wisdom I could glean from this divine encounter. I kickstarted the conversation, by saying, "So how are you?" "Fine, brother," he said, nodding his head. "It's all good. You know that, right?" Ahhh, yes, the time-honored wisdom of hippies and hip-hoppers: It's all good. I take a quick glance to heaven and think, "Wow, this is deep, God." But the man had more to say... "I had 40 last night. It's wonderful." "40 what?" I asked. "Blots." Hmmm. "Excuse me?" I asked. "Like acid." "Yeah, brother. I've been up 17 hours. Did you see the Transformers?" "The movie?" I ask, suddenly nervous, wondering if 17 hours while high on acid might result in a sudden attack upon me. "What movie?" he replies. "You know, the robots that are cars. They're everywhere. I saw them today. Right there. They use diesel, man. In shots." I suddenly realized i was late for work. Actually, eager to go anywhere. "Have good day," i said. "yeah, man. It's all good." So what did i learn? Im not really sure. Maybe it was God laughing at my worry and telling me to lighten up. Or maybe it was just a drug-crazed bum on a bench. I can go either way.

No comments: