Sunday, July 13, 2008

WHY I CAN NOW UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL OF MASS MURDER (or, thoughts on the douchebag morons who line up to buy IPhones)

(This came from my raw thoughts in my new Spider-Man comedy journal...[look, i won that at a Nerds in Love event in Chicago last month, so b*** me]. And it has plenty of fake F words in it...So if you can't handle that so be it today. It's a rarity. But I DESPISE people who line up for IPhones and crap like that. Here goes...)

So another I Phone came out today, and I'm ENRAGED! I understand the mindset of mass murderers on days like this, when we see firsthand, before our very eyes in broad daylight, just how f***ing stupid and lost we are as a society.

Why do I care so much?!

Ask THEM why do THEY care about a stupid f***ing phone?! It's JUST A PHONE!

But no, they say, it's not just a phone. "It's got email and you can watch movies and..." well, who knows what the f*** else. Everything you need to keep from looking in the mirror, searching your soul, or reading the f***ing news.

It's an election year, people! We are about to elect a man with 2 years of relevant experience to be the leader of the free world! You can't get hired to manage a CIRCUIT CITY without FIVE years of relevant experience! Obama for President? Yeah, great f***ing idea!

If he wasn't black, he wouldn't be anywhere NEAR the presidency. I'm glad we've progressed in the last 40 years, and I'm sure I'd vote for a black guy with credentials. But his time we're DOING what Chris Rock himself warned about in 1996 with Colin Powell: blindly making up for centures of injustice because one guy "speaks so well."

But I digress.

The reason I HATE these people, why there's not enough bullets to fill them with , is that they're lining up for something where the price is gonna drop in 2 weeks and will be outright replaced in 6 months. This is the THIRD edition of it in less than 18 months! Anything else, you'd demand a refund or stop buying new ones because you've been had! But if you had any sense, you don't buy a new one - you demand a refund.

Why DO they have 3 versions of the IPhone already? Do you REALLY believe that it just keeps magically improving? Yeah right - and they didn't know from the get-go with the first one that they could afford to have a $200 price cut. That bait-and-switch ALONE should have had every Mac store in the nation up in flames.

But no, THESE people - our fellow citizens, who are sucking off our oxygen supply and providing nothing but carbon dioxide to this world in return - line up early and wait wall night and all day NOT EVEN NOTICING that the a**holes in charge from the Mac store are offering them bottled water but asking them to pay for it! We'll take $600 for a phone but we at Apple can't spare being paid a dollar for water!

Why am I so mad? Because I know that while things like the IPhone are dumbing us down and numbing us out, REAL brainpower is going into it! Excuse me, isn't anyone else outraged by the fact that we've had AIDS around for 25 years without a SINGLE cure, yet we're on version 3 of this s*** already?!

It should be the LAW that EVERY SCIENTIFIC MIND in the country is put to work on curing diseases and solving the energy crisis and off the quest for a better telephone. We HAVE TV, folks, and radio, and DVD players, better movies than anyplace on the planet, but we DON"T have our priorities straight.

And for that, I sign off by saying you can waste your life squinting into the little picture on your IPhone, but I'LL keep MY eyes on the big picture.

No comments: